Process for service Tax registration in Summary
Today we want to tell you how to register your self for service tax . Every service provider should know the Process for service Tax registration . So go through the post and comment in case of any querry.
Process for service Tax registration in Summary :-
- The assessee shall make anapplication in form ST 1 form (ST-1 IN EXCEL) to the Superintendent of Central Excise (SCE) in duplicate.
- The application should be filed within 30 days from the date of providing taxable service and shall bear the address that to be registered.
- The application shall be filled up carefully without errors & columns & boxes which are not applicable may contain “NA” stated across them. All the taxable services that is provided by the assesee should be mentioned on the application and there will be no separate applications for each of such taxable services.
- The Form should be signed by the director or partneror sole proprietor as the case may be or any of the authorized signatory.
- Theapplication shall be accompanied by copies of the following documents –
- Self certified copy of PAN, (where allotment is pending, copy of theapplicationfor PAN may be given)
- Copy of MOA/AOA in case of Company
- Copy of Board Resolution in case of Company
- Copy of Lease deed/Rental agreement of the premises
- A brief write up on the services provided by the assessee ( technical )
- Registration certificate of Partnership firm.
- Copy of a valid Power of Attorney where the owner/MD/Managing Partner does not file the application
- Once filed, the acknowledgement for having filed the application is to be obtained on the duplicate copy for one’s own reference.
- If the Particulars stated in the Form are correct, then theregistration certificate would be provided within a period of seven days. Where not so provided, theregistration is deemed to have been granted.
Thanks for reading and do share your suggestions and comments on Process for service Tax registration.