How to reset the forgotten income tax Password through Post or courier
Kindly send the following documents with a covering letter (write new email id in the letter with request to reset password to be send at new ID) documents to by courier/ reg post to:
To the DIT (S)-II,
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Sub: Retrieval of the Forgotten Income Tax E-Filing Password
I/We am /are Mr. ———————– Mrs. ————————–Ms ………………. / M/s as
assessee bearing PAN. I had registered at E-Filing Website of the Income Tax for
submitting my /our ITR. But, I have forgotten my IT password and also the answer of the secret questions and hence I am unable to login my Income tax User ID at Income tax website.
So I request you to please reset my password and give access to my PAN account by considering PAN and its details mentioned therein.
- Copy of the Pan Card
- Address Proof
- Authorization Letter
ASSESSEE HAS TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO RESET THE PASSWORD.
- Copy of the PAN Card
- Address proof
(Must be same as per Pan or last IT return submitted)
FOR OTHER ASSESSEE
- Copy of your PAN card of the Company/Trust/Firm/HUF
- Copy of Proof of the date of Incorporation
- Copy of the PAN card of the principal (holding principal position)
- Copy of the one more identity proof like Passport/Driving License/Voter ID card/Aadhar card
- Authorisation letter issued using the in letter head of the Company/Trust/Firm/HUF (having the address telephone etc) in it.
After verifying all the credentials, password will be sent to you on you new e-mail id.
It may take 15-20 days for the process so have patience and wait for some time
If you have any doubt then must share with us in comment box :). we will surely find solution for you …
Keep visiting our site for more info