BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS 2015-16
& DOWNLOAD BUDGET IN PDF
Download Union Budget in PDF format. Mr. Arun Jaitely has finally announced the budget for FY 2015-16 on 28th Feb 2015. We will provide you the direct download link for the same. It will include the Finance bill, Budget Highlights, budget Speech, custom & excise bill and many more files.
KEY TO BUDGET DOCUMENTS
CORRIGENDA – FINANCE BILL, 2015
MEMORANDUM EXPLAINING THE PROVISIONS IN THE FINANCE BILL, 2015
CORRIGENDA – MEMORANDUM EXPLAINING THE PROVISIONS IN THE FINANCE BILL, 2015
CUSTOM & CENTRAL EXCISE
IMPLEMENTATION OF BUDGET ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-15
BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF TAX PROPOSAL
1. Objective of stable taxation policy and a non-adversarial tax administration.
2. Fight against the scourge of black money to be taken forward.
3. Efforts on various fronts to implement GST from next year.
4. No change in rate of personal income tax.
5. Proposal to reduce corporate tax from 30% to 25% over the next four years, starting from next financial year.
6. Rationalisation and removal of various tax exemptions and incentives to reduce tax
disputes and improve administration.
7. Exemption to individual tax payers to continue to facilitate savings.
Broad themes :
♦ Measures to curb black money;
♦ Job creation through revival of growth and investment and promotion of domestic
manufacturing – “Make in India” ;
♦ Improve ease of doing business – Minimum Government and maximum
♦ Improve quality of life and public health – Swachh Bharat;
♦ Benefit to middle class tax-payers; and
♦ Stand alone proposals to maximise benefit to the economy
BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS Benefits to middle class tax-payers
1. Limit of deduction of health insurance premium increased from 15000 to 25000,
for senior citizens limit increased from 20000 to 30000.
2. Senior citizens above the age of 80 years, who are not covered by health insurance, to
be allowed deduction of 30000 towards medical expenditures.
3. Deduction limit of 60000 with respect to specified decease of serious nature enhanced
to ` 80000 in case of senior citizen.
4. Additional deduction of 25000 allowed for differently abled persons.
5. Limit on deduction on account of contribution to a pension fund and the new pension
scheme increased from 1 lakh to 1.5 lakh.
6. Additional deduction of 50000 for contribution to the new pension scheme u/s 80CCD.
7. Payments to the beneficiaries including interest payment on deposit in Sukanya Samriddhi scheme to be fully exempt.
8. Service-tax exemption on Varishtha Bima Yojana.
9. Concession to individual tax-payers despite inadequate fiscal space.
10. Lot to look forward to as fiscal capacity improves.
11. Conversion of existing excise duty on petrol and diesel to the extent of 4 per litre into Road Cess to fund investment.
12. Service Tax exemption extended to certain pre cold storage services in relation to fruits and vegetables so as to incentivise value addition in crucial sector.
13. Negative List under service-tax is being slightly pruned to widen the tax base.
14. Yoga to be included within the ambit of charitable purpose under Section 2(15) of the Income-tax Act.
15. To mitigate the problem being faced by many genuine charitable institutions, it is proposed to modify the ceiling on receipts from activities in the nature of trade, commerce or business to 20% of the total receipts from the existing ceiling of 25 lakh.