CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams Theoretical questions
The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Examining the provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972, state whether gratuity is payable to an employee for the periods when he does not actually work in the Explain the manner in which gratuity is calculated for regularemployees. (b) Examine how disputes are resolved under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
- Explain the terminologies given under the Payment of Gratuity Act,1972. (i)Continuous service of six months (ii) Continuous service of one year (b) Describe the provisions relating to ‘‘Compulsory Insurance of Gratuity for an
- Explain the method of calculating the gratuity payable to employees in a seasonal as well as other establishments under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams : The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Enumerate the procedure concluding Presumption with respect to the accuracy of balance sheet and profit and loss account of corporations and companies as per the Payment of Bonus of Act,
- What special provisions have been laid with respect to the certain employees for the payment of
- Explain ‘establishment in public sector’ under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965. (b) What are the deductions that can be made from the amount of bonus payable to an employee under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965.
- a) Explain ‘establishment in public sector’ under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965.(b) What are the deductions that can be made from the amount of bonus payable to a employee under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965.
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams : The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- What are the characteristics of any negotiable instruments?
- State the penalty to be borne by the person found to be guilty of dishonour of a cheque for insufficiency of funds in the
Under what circumstances guarantee made will be treated as invalid?
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- X was an employee in a company for past 10 years and was assisting the director of a company in an assignment. In the mean time, he received a better opportunity from an abroad company. He put the resignation from service with prior notice and applied for the claim of gratuity. Company not accepted the resignation on the reason that assignment is ncomplete and due to non acceptance of the resignation, the company also refused to pay the gratuity. Examine whether the Contention of company is valid as per the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- A and B are the employees of P The company decided to forfeit the amount of gratuity of A and B on account of disorderly conduct and other acts which caused loss to the property belonging to the company. A and B committed the following acts:(i) A refused to surrender the occupied land belonging to the company. (ii) B committed theft under law involving offence of moral turpitude. Against the decision of the company, A and B applied to the appropriate authorities for relief. The company contented that the right to gratuity is not a statutory right and the forfeiture of the amount of gratuity was within the law. Examine the validity of the argument and the decision taken by the company(P) to forfeit the amount of gratuity in the light of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- A builder employed a labour on the daily wages for 2 months for the construction of the site on the payment of ` 300 per Throw a light with respect to the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 whether a labour is entitled for the bonus in the given instance.
- (a) Rohit Singh is working as a salesman in a company on salary The following payments were made to him by the company during the previous financial year-(i)overtime allowance, (ii) dearness allowance (iii) commission on sales (iv) employer’s contribution towards pension fund (v) value of food Examine as to which of the above payments form part of “salary” of Rohit Singh under the provisions of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
- Examine with reference to Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 if an employee drawing a salary of ` 5,000 joined duty on February 20th, 2012 and availed maternity leave for premature delivery from March 10th, 2012 till May 2, 2012, is eligible for bonus
- State which of the following statement is correct/incorrect with reasons (i)Woman employee on maternity leave is not eligible for bonus (ii) Seasonal employees are exempted from the payment of
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- X executed an account payee cheque on the name of the Mr. B for the amount of rupees 20,000. Mr. B submitted the cheque in the bank. Later B finds that no amount have been credited to his account. In fact the amount has been credited to some other person with the same name. State the legal position of B with respect to the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- D, a drawer issues the cheque in favour of the E. Later D informs the E not to present the cheque due to inadequacy of the fund in the account because of withdrawl of the money in urgency as well as informs the bank to stop the payment. Does the act of D constitute an offence under the Act ?
- X, by means of fraud, obtained from Y a cheque crossed ‘not negotiable’ and got it encashed at a bank other than the drawee Y sued the bank for conversion. Is he bank liable for conversion?
CA IPCC LAW IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams Contract act
- P appoints A as his agent to sell his estate extended on the Karnal road. A, on looking over the estate, finds the existence of a sandstone-mine on the estate, which is unknown to P. A wishes to buy the estate for himself. He informs P that he wants to buy the estate but conceals the existence of sandstone-mine. P allows A to buy the estate, in ignorance of the existence of mine. Discuss the rights of Mr. P,against A. What would be your answer if A had informed P about the existence of mine before he purchased the estate, but after two months, he sold the estate at profit of ` 10 lac?
- P was a surety for Q for an overdraft given by a bank. The bank gave a blank guarantee form to Q who filled it with the amount guaranteed to be ` 30,000. The bank refused to give the overdraft for more than ` 25,000. Q altered the amount from ` 30,000 to ` 25,000 and submitted the document to the bank. State whether P is discharged from his liability by the act of the Q.
- A banker lends ` 10,000 to Shyam on the pledge of a The banker makes a further loan of ` 5,000 to Shyam without making a pledge of the jewellery for this loan. Discuss the rights of the banker in respect to the pledged goods for advancement of the loan.
- A , a shopkeeper enters into contract with a wholesaler of a fire works for the supply of crackers of worth ` 50,000 on the occasion of the Diwali A also makes known to the wholesaler that if he fails to supply the crackers within a reasonable time he is expected to suffer a loss during the festive season. A supplies crackers on the same day of the festival. State briefly the legal position in the light of the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- G delivered a shopkeeper to repair a watch on the payment of ` 100. Subsequently the shopkeeper refused to repair it for the ` 100 and also claimed to retain the watch until he is paid for the work done. Decide the right of G by examining the provision of the Indian Contract Act,1872.
- P says to Q in the presence of and within the hearing of R that he (P) is the R’s Q supplied goods of ` 20,000 to P considering him as R’s agent. State the position of R in reference to the Indian Contract Act,1872.
Keep visitin our site for More CA IPCC IMPORTANT TOPICS for May 16 Exams
Also see :- CA IPCC IMPORTANT TOPICS OF ETHICS & COMM.